2013 Dressage QLD State Coach
Dressage QLD has again secured the services of EA NCAS Level 3 Dressage Specialist Coach, Carlos DeCleemaecker for the 2013 season.
Belgian born, German trained, and now Newcastle based, Carlos has trained many horses and riders through to Grand Prix. His passion for correct dressage training, using the training scale along with his personable and approachable coaching style, has helped many Queensland riders improve both their training and riding since his appointment as State Coach in late 2008.
Carlos' regular clinic attendees have noticed a huge improvement in the way of going of their horses. His no fuss techniques and attention to detail continues to help these riders increase their average percentages by 5-8%. (Statistics taken from 2009 results). Indeed, to date, Carlos has achieved a 99% approval rating from riders attending his clinics.
In 2009, Carlos conducted 6 clinics for Dressage QLD. Attendees included regular official riders with Prelim and Novice horses, right through to our State Squad Riders on their FEI horses.
It is important for Queensland riders to note the philosophy behind Carlos' appointment:
Carlos is first and foremost - QLD's State Dressage Coach. His role is to assist Dressage QLD to further develop the standard of training and riding in Queensland. To this end, ALL clinics are open to spectators, and while Squad riders are given initial preference to places in the clinic, there are always spots available to non-squad riders.
So, if you are an Official Dressage Rider in Queensland, you are eligible to attend these clinics. Be inspired and go along and see the full benefit of a master trainer.
At each DQ clinic, a portion of lesson places are available to Squad riders (approx 75%), a portion to EA Coaches and Judges (approx 15%), and a portion to Official Riders (approx 10%). The reason behind this structure of allocation is so the majority of the riders attending a State Coach clinic are coaching or training others in the sport, and therefore the information, skills and knowledge gained in these clinics can be further disseminated throughout the dressage community. In turn having a far reaching effect on the overall development and improvement of a wide range of riders.
Each clinic has a booking close date two weeks prior to the start of the clinic. The allocations listed above close from that date. Should there be places left, they will be awarded on a first come first served basis, regardless of your category. So it pays to send your booking form and payment in quickly.
- Will Carlos be conducting DQ clinics in Regional Areas? DQ has organised with local clubs in regional areas to conduct clinic/s. Details, Venue and dates TBA. Please contact State Coach Liaison for expressions of interest and requirements to have Carlos come to your regional area.
- Can Carlos be booked for private clinics throughout Queensland? Yes. However, these clinics are not DQ subsidised, and are to be arranged privately. All DQ organised clinics will be advertised via Salute and the Dressage QLD Website.
- I am a prelim/novice rider. Can I have a lesson with Carlos? Yes. As long as you ride official dressage in QLD, you are eligible. (ie a full member of EQ).
- How long are the lessons? Each lesson is 40mins. It is highly recommended you warm up for ten minutes prior to your time.
- Do I need to plait my horse for lessons? No. But neat, professional presentation is required.
- May I video my lesson? Yes, it is highly recommended that you video your lesson for your own benefit.
- What happens if I have to pull out of a lesson last minute, can I get a refund? As per most competitions, a $25 administration charge will be withheld should you need to withdraw from a clinic. If we cannot fill your spot, your money is non-refundable in full. Reason for this, is DQ still needs to pay the coach regardless. You can prevent this from happening by helping the clinic organiser to find someone to fill your lesson, provided they are an official dressage rider.
- Where do I get a booking form? From the DQ website (see bottom of page). Remember that a booking is not finalised until payment is received.
- Can I book now for future clinics? Yes you can. Just make sure the date of the clinic you are booking for is clearly marked. Please make separate payment for each clinic (ie separate cheques), and separate forms (ie ONE FORM, ONE CLINIC, ONE PAYMENT).
- Can I come and watch a clinic? Yes. All DQ State Coach clinics are open to fence sitters. There is a small fee of $10 per person for the day. Carlos is happy to answer any questions spectators may have in the breaks.
- 20th and 21st April - Townsville. Contact Pamela Schuler 0407580894 or 07 47852304
- 22nd and 23rd April - Sunshine Coast. Millewa Park, Contact Kim Tenkate-Cullen - 0754470580 or 0418715377.
Pam Shuler & Lassie Creek
(Carlos Townsville Clinic)
Dee-Ann Dunworth & Revelwood Gallipoli
(Carlos Townsville Clinic)
Glenis Jone & Jaybee Carlos
(Carlos Townsville Clinic)
Mikayla Sheppard & Wolfingham Deliah
Carlos DeCleermaecker State Coach Clinic Costs:
EA official members - $143/lesson.
Fence Sitting is available at each clinic, at a rate of $10/day (QLD Squad Riders free).
(These lessons are heavily subsidised, and the venue costs and coach airfares are also covered by DQ)
Contact for Queries:
Kaz Roe Email: email@example.com
Phone: 0423 953 819
Details and changes will be posted in Salute and on this page.
NOTE: The Organising Committee has the right to accept or reject applicants.