*Flood evacuation available for Horses*
To All Our Members
On behalf of the Board Members and Staff of Equestrian Queensland we would like you to all know we are thinking about you at this time.
Please do not risk your horses lives, have an evacuation plan in place.
If you have high ground available in effected areas to help people in danger
evacuate horses out of potential flood areas, or if you are looking for high
ground to evacuate horses to please contact EQ offices
- Alexandra Newcombe - I live between Warwick and Cunninghams Gap. I could provide a paddock for up to four horses and have a spare double bedroom. Also have double angle horsefloat that can be borrowed if necessary.
- Louisa at Windsong Park, 120 Eprapah Road, Mount Cotton Phone 0439 900 214 or 3206 2226
- Pamela Currie at Boundary Road Thornlands 0424 159 166 have offered assistance and have paddocks available.
- Libby Welch at Coomera also has a couple of dry stables but her property/horses have had a virus over the last month -
0406 538 299 but you are welcome to call.
- 5 acres high and dry paddock that is fenced for horses available in Kobble Creek (between
Samford and Dayboro). It can hold as many as needed.
Call Justine Dean 0414 626 720
- Kerry Ellery has high ground at Willowvale.
Call 0412 715 110
- Samantha Steele has plenty of land and feed for horses in NSW near Dungog. She can take peoples small animals too. All fences are electrified, so stallions are welcome too. Also neighbouring farms are willing to help.
So if you know anyone on the road, who dont know where to go with their horses and other pets,
- Melissa Carmichael is at Yandina on the Sunshine Coast and has a spare paddock and also an arena which is fully fenced, also two stables. Phone 54728039 or 0438728420
- Hayley Hibbard is at 31 Donaldson Rd, Plainland. She have 1.5 acres for horses that need higher ground!
Phone is 0427 809 598
- Sue McGrane is on the Sunshine Coast is also suffering major rain however she is on high ground and has 2 spare stables, if anyone needs to use them they are more than welcome, paddocks are to wet to put horses in... but the stables are good and will not go into any sort of flood.
Contact Sue on 0414 990333 or 0439020939
- Elizabeth & Peter Stainton – Transport and possible temp accommodation in the Toowoomba Region
- Jasmaine-Kay Hobson has heaps of room at Jimboomba 55477228 or 0412607966
- Kelly Walsh has a few paddocks available at Hatton Vale, she has a float if needing transport
- Samantha Kate Burrows has I have an agistment property in Ipswich/Purga, White Rose Farm, that will stay high and dry.
She can take 6 or so. Call 0404 064 698, she also has a float and 4x4.
- Kate Irwin I can help anyone needing transport to get thier horses out of flood water in the Burpengary, Morayfield & Caboolture areas. She has a 2 horse float & can fit 2x 17.2hh in there. Call 0415112062."
- Tracey Allen has a horse truck available in Upper Tenthill near Grantham & Gatton, it can carry 15-17 horses, we have dry land and fences. Contact 0407113861 if you need help
- Naomi O'Keeffe has 40 acres up high at Mount Mort (Mount Mort is between Rosewood and Laidley but off the main road)
- Lori-Jessica 'Bella' Davis has room in Oxenford. Call 0466491632
-Jackii O'Brien has 40 acres available. Call 0438948464
-Tanya Zahnow has safe emergency accomodation at Carbrook near Loganholme south of Brisbane. All paddocks are high with no potential water danger and plenty of feed. Have float and 4x4 if needed. Can stable if required.
Please Call Tanya on 07 38299703 or 0419 725 478
-Kylee Chandler has a spare, dry stable at Burpengary for anyone in need.
- Sheridan Deede has paddocks at Boonah that are suitable for young stock.
- Shelbie is located in Bundaberg. however she does have land available in Gin Gin and Bundaberg. If horses are lost,
and the people that find them cant keep them.. she is willing to come and collect until owners and equines are reunited...
please contact email@example.com
- Gabrielle Hannaway lives in Wauchope, NSW and can offer temporary accomodation for a whole family and 2 to 3 horses. She understands it's a long way away. You can contact her on email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Call 0434 539 778
- Terri Kolb from Cootharaba can accommodate a pony in a dry stall and grassy paddock. Full care available. 5485 3815 Terri Kolb or email@example.com
- Nicole Coombs is located on Schutzs Rd Ironbark, near Blacksoil and have at least 5 acres that are well fenced and on high ground.
Contact 0428 286 870
- Lorelle lives in Tallebudgera Valley, Gold Coast Hinterland. Lorrelle has approx 15acre paddock available for any horses in need.
She can also arrange to collect horses with a friend who has a horse float, she is also happy to collect horses if needed.
She can care for all horses here however I will need feed to be provided even just some hay, there is plenty of grass in paddock.
Call 0400 086 661 or 07 5533 8518
- Lyndsey Moore has high ground acreage at Carbrook, she can offer any horses needing temporary homes,
and a float for 2 horses to help anyone in need. I also have 3 spare rooms available for people in need. Call 0405133402
Stephanie Bryant is located at Willowvale, just off the Pimpama exit off the Hwy. They have Paddocks and a few stables/shelters
available for anyone needing protection for there horses. Please feel free to call 0410355590
- Elissa at Mudgeeraba has paddocks available please contact Elissa on 0410 605 969
- Trish Rosey is at Pomona, Sunshine Coast and has emergency horse accomodation Please contact Trish on 0428 712 685
Thank you to all for your support and assistance.
Please be advised that should you think that the Office can help
you in any way please call and we will endeavour to assist you as
best we can.